When this Valkyrie hit the road for freedom

    So many thoughts. I am always me, but am I still the same me I was decades ago? I feel as though many lifetimes have passed, each worthy, yet here I am. Still a Valkyrie, a warrior woman who listens to nature and serves the natural ways of a higher calling.

    I'm also still a Creative, always that. Always a Composer, I wrote very quickly a few days ago for a woman who champions my music. Writing music does not go away for me. It's been a constant for many phases of life. I've always created, and the urge has been undeniable. If only the air, I'd improvise, sing, dance. If a print studio, I'd create intaglio prints while singing. When my horn is near, I play. When compelling music is near and others to play it with me, I play that. Otherwise, I play what's in my head. At first, I only wrote what was in my head occasionally on paper (like now, something is always up there but rarely gets written compared to how much just rattles around), but slow manuscript meant slow production. I guess my composition phase kicked in hard once software graced my computer.

   I've had dogs around all of my life, and sometimes cats. I've had chickens for the last 12 years. I love birds. They bring good humor to the place (as evidenced by the pile of sunning chickens looking disgruntled to left). I call the chickens "the dinosaurs". The dinosaurs now live with me, a dog, and my adult son, who's commuting to finish the long version of an electromechanical engineering degree, full-time, with some extra math and physics thrown in. I may have defeated myself in this phase of life almost as much as in others, yet I learn from the process and listen to the evidence and circumstances around me. If I get too comfortable, I ask questions.

    So I've made it past the torturous life, the high-performance life, the married-to-an-orchestra life, and the way-too-much-time-with-lawyers part of my life (while also working in the wine industry), plus a freaking pandemic. 

    Remaining now is the Valkyrie, the composer, the full-out intuitive, and a woman who follows a call to remove barriers. These are barriers that I am so good at removing, allowing others to join me on a path of freedom and contentment. So that's become what I tell others as I lead them to such a better life.

   "I help women with limiting pain find a joyful path to healing."  

   I did this for myself years ago, when no one thought I'd walk again or even be free of horribly excruciating pain - not even a worthwhile life, right? Had I not undertaken my own path of mind-over-matter, declaring myself well, shedding the skin that was no longer tolerable, and fighting to heal myself against all odds, I may be miserable and I may not have written most of my music. Here is one work from after that time, my piece for October, the 3rd movement of my Frost Cycle. 


    Do you have pain that holds you back in life? What would you do with your life if you could heal? You CAN heal, and you do have gifts to give to the world. Don't hold yourself back. Be your own champion. 

Comments

Popular Posts