The clear mind of slow



     I feel myself slowing with the onset of winter. I could judge that - a Northeastern American in a capitalist society. The wind moans with pressureful insistence outside. If I release to my relaxing state without judgment, suddenly there is clarity and I see so many things I missed before. 

     There’s a power in this laser focus. There’s efficiency and flow. If I continue, I feel miracles going forward. No more lack - just the words, the ridiculous double-negative oddity, sounds like an oxymoron to be tossed out. Flip it the other way, and there is abundance as far as the mind's eye can see.

     They say "the devil's in the details," and details are popping forth as if pixies hiding behind periwinkles, suddenly appearing to say, "You'll want to notice this before it bites you and steals your efforts." Strangely, all of these details popping up have not caused a lack of efficiency. If anything, each has been dealt with in due course and a swift manner, with less impatience than the normal "hurry up and wait" time, and plenty of courteous interactions. 

     This is the clear mind of slow and the magic of calm. I have had two weeks of waiting for two deposits to show up. My mind has been practicing patience while my accounts become overdue and I hold back my frustration. Yet suddenly, the magic of calm appears with the clear mind of slow, and more than half of the work that I was waiting to do until after the money arrived suddenly is done easily and I can connect, write words, write music, edit books, write grants, and bake. 

     I feel good, knowing, and prosperous. Life is enough and I am enough. There is so much awe and wonder that slowing down to feel life's riches, stretch my limbs and open my eyes and ears, and fill my lungs with its wholeness is exactly what I want to do. What is fascinating is that life has slowed down with me.

Comments

Popular Posts